Volunteer Description for DanceBlue 2020
It’s that time of year again – time for the DanceBlue 2020 Dance Marathon! Each year, the students put on this event with the help of their community and this year is no exception. As a Volunteer at the marathon, you get to experience the hard work of these students first-hand, as well as the joy that they feel and create throughout each of the 24 hours.
We are currently seeking volunteers to help us with twelve (12) different volunteer shifts. Each of them is listed here as a “ticket” that you can choose from. Individuals will only be allowed to sign up for one (1) volunteer shift, and those shift responsibilities range from helping with meal hours to supporting dancers in the Recovery Room.
This year, there are two price points for volunteers: $30 for General Shifts and $15 for Meal Hour Shifts. If the cost is limiting for you, please contact email@example.com to potentially help with Strike at the end of the marathon. All volunteers will receive a t-shirt for their participation. Please select your preferred size (sizing cannot be guaranteed) using the question to the right in the dialogue box.
Please see below for a description of each shift that we have available:
BEGINS SATURDAY, FBERUARY 29, 2020:
General Shift 1
General Shift 2
Meal Shift 1
BEGINS SUNDAY, MARCH 1, 2020
General Shift 3
General Shift 4
General Shift 5
General Shift 6
General Shift 7
Meal Shift 2
Meal Shift 3
Meal Shift 4
Meal Shift 5
General Shifts ($30/shift, 4-hour duration)
* There are seven (7) General Shifts throughout the marathon, beginning at 5:30pm on Saturday, February 29th and ending at 8:00pm on Sunday, March 1st. Each shift is four hours long, and you will be assigned to one station during your General Shift.
* Below are the five (5) different station options. After you have selected with General Shift you would like to work, you will select (on the right) which station you would MOST PREFER to work. Your top preference for placement IS NOT GUARANTEED. While you are securing a volunteer spot for your selected shift time with this ticket, your exact station assignment will not be confirmed until about a week before the marathon.
• Volunteers will stock and restock the Snack Shack as needed. Volunteers are also asked to remove empty boxes and trash from the station as is necessary.
• This position is located on the main floor and requires standing for the entirety of the shift, and there will be light lifting/bending involved.
• Volunteers will set up water coolers and refill coolers/cups as needed.
• This position is located on the main floor and requires standing for the entirety of the shift, and there will be some significant lifting/bending in order to move and refill water jugs as necessary.
• Volunteers will monitor dancers that come to the recovery room when they are not feeling well. This will likely include retrieving paramedics for more specialized care and providing snacks or water. This position is not responsible for providing medical care to students, only monitoring students and retrieving additional help when necessary.
• This position requires standing for the entirety of the shift (unless otherwise necessary to assist students).
• Throughout the marathon, dancers will have the opportunity to recharge their devices (mostly cell phones). Volunteers will monitor the device-charging station and process, including ensuring that dancers are following time restrictions
• This position is located on the main floor and requires standing for the entirety of the shift.
• After dancers drop off their bags at stations corresponding with their dancer numbers, volunteers at assigned stations will take bags from designated bin and return to corresponding spot. Volunteers will also retrieve dancer bags and give them to the dancer upon their request during allotted time periods.
• This position requires standing for the entirety of the shift. In addition, be advised that this position requires traversing up and down stairs, navigating through bleachers, and lifting/bending.
Meal Hour Shift ($15/shift, 2-hour duration)
* There are five (5) Meal Hour Shifts throughout the duration of the marathon. Each of these shifts will begin thirty (30) minutes before the dancers’ meal hour, and end thirty (30) minutes after the conclusion of the meal.
* During each Meal Hour Shift, Volunteers will assist the food coordinator with setting up for meal hours, serving food to participants and cleaning up after the meal hour is completed. This position requires standing for the entirety of the shift and the potential for some bending and lifting. If you have any serious food allergies, please consider your personal safety before selecting this position.
Please note the date on which your shift BEGINS, so that you show up on the right day and at the right time. See below for a list of shifts that BEGIN on February 29th and shifts that BEGIN on March 1st.
Please note that all sales of DanceBlue Volunteer tickets are final and we will be unable to issue refunds. If you are unable to attend your shift for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This will allow us to plan for additional support that we may need in your absence.
With any questions, please contact email@example.com. Thank you for helping us make this a safe and successful event FTK!